Explore New Orleans
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Commander's Palace
Cuisine: American, Creole, Local Specialty
Price Range: $$$
Dirt to plate within 100 miles is the M.O. of head Creole chef Tory McPhail of Commander's Palace, located in the Garden District of New Orleans. He strives to have most of his ingredients come to his... Read More
Dirt to plate within 100 miles is the M.O. of head Creole chef Tory McPhail of Commander's Palace, located in the Garden District of New Orleans. He strives to have most of his ingredients come to his restaurant from within the aforementioned distance, showing his respect and appreciation for local farmers and produce. Start off a meal with shrimp rémoulade before segueing into the soft shell crab entree. Another option is The Peacemaker, an oyster and shrimp filled po'boy that will establish your palate's po'boy standard. The restaurant offers one of the most diverse wine selections in the city, so finding something to drink with your Creole dishes is no issue.
- Creole: "Reservations are required at the Palace on Washington Ave."
- Beignets: "Yes, the restaurant serve 25-cent martinis at lunch, reason enough to head to Commander's."
- Best Restaurants: "Two-course lunches are $18-$21, best enjoyed with 25 cent martinis at lunch - "only" three to a customer."
- Garden District's Best Lunch: "25 cent martinis at lunch. That's all there is to say."
- Garden District's Best Brunch: "Jazz brunch is an epic New Orleans experience at this Creole institution."
- Best for Creole Because: This is a bucket list restaurant that is part of New Orleans dining culture.
- Best for Beignets Because: This flagship of the Brennan family offers a seminal New Orleans dining experience
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: This is an iconic New Orleans eatery, the shining star in the Brennan family crown.
- Best for Garden District's Best Lunch Because: Lunching at Commander's Palace allows you to indulge in their scrumptious meals at a fraction of what it would cost at dinner.
- Best for Garden District's Best Brunch Because: Commander's Palace offers a swank brunch priced in the $40s, three courses if Creole goodness that guarantees a special occasion.