Explore New Orleans
Also Featured In
Answer the siren call of the green and white signature awning to dine at Commander's Palace, the must-eat restaurant housed in a beautiful Victorian mansion in the Garden District. Chef Tory McPhail... Read More
Answer the siren call of the green and white signature awning to dine at Commander's Palace, the must-eat restaurant housed in a beautiful Victorian mansion in the Garden District. Chef Tory McPhail is always up to something startling, as his occasionally featured Crawfish Boil beignets demonstrate. Made with spicy wild crawfish tails and roasted chilies rolled into a savory sweet corn dough, these addictive bites are served with red pepper aioli and warm remoulade sauce. Lunch is less formal than dinner, but you still want to look a little uptown when you visit this iconic New Orleans restaurant. Jazz brunch is an event on Sundays.
- Beignets: "Yes, the restaurant serve 25-cent martinis at lunch, reason enough to head to Commander's."
- Garden District's Best Lunch: "25 cent martinis at lunch. That's all there is to say."
- Romantic Dining: "Have a drink at the back bar - you get there through the kitchen, and ask to see the private wine room for a real wow!"
- Best Restaurants: "Two course lunches are just $16, best enjoyed with 25 cent martinis at lunch - "only" three to a customer."
- Garden District's Best Brunch: "Jazz brunch is an epic New Orleans experience at this Creole institution."
- Creole: "Reservations are required at the Palace on Washington Ave."
- Best for Beignets Because: This flagship of the Brennan family offers a seminal New Orleans dining experience
- Best for Garden District's Best Lunch Because: Lunching at Commander's Palace allows you to indulge in their scrumptious meals at a fraction of what it would cost at dinner.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Bucket list eating starts with Commander's Palace in New Orleans.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: This is an iconic New Orleans eatery, the shining star in the Brennan family crown.
- Best for Garden District's Best Brunch Because: Commander's Palace offers a swank brunch priced in the $40s, three courses if Creole goodness that guarantees a special occasion.
- Best for Creole Because: This is a bucket list restaurant that is part of New Orleans dining culture.