Explore New Orleans
Cuisine: American, Creole, Local Specialty
Price Range: $$$
Answer the siren call of the green and white signature awning to dine at Commander's Palace, the must-eat restaurant housed in a beautiful Victorian mansion in the Garden District. Chef Meg Bickford... Read More
Answer the siren call of the green and white signature awning to dine at Commander's Palace, the must-eat restaurant housed in a beautiful Victorian mansion in the Garden District. Chef Meg Bickford is always up to something startling, with specials like Crawfish Boil beignets made with spicy wild crawfish tails and roasted chilies rolled into a savory-sweet corn dough. These addictive bites are served with red pepper aioli and warm remoulade sauce. Lunch is less formal than dinner, but you still want to look a little uptown when you visit this iconic New Orleans restaurant. Jazz brunch is an event on Sundays.
- Beignets: "Yes, the restaurant serves 25-cent martinis at lunch, reason enough to head to Commander's."
- Creole: "Reservations are required at the turquoise Palace on Washington Ave."
- Best Restaurants: "Two-course lunches are $20-$23, best enjoyed with 25 cent martinis at lunch - "only" three to a customer."
- Garden District's Best Lunch: "25 cent martinis at lunch. That's all there is to say."
- Garden District's Best Brunch: "Jazz brunch is an epic New Orleans experience at this Creole institution."
- Best for Beignets Because: This flagship of the Brennan family offers a seminal New Orleans dining experience
- Best for Creole Because: This is a bucket list restaurant that is part of New Orleans dining culture.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: This is an iconic New Orleans eatery, the shining star in the Brennan family crown.
- Best for Garden District's Best Lunch Because: Lunching at Commander's Palace allows you to indulge in their scrumptious meals at a fraction of what it would cost at dinner.
- Best for Garden District's Best Brunch Because: Commander's Palace offers a swank brunch priced in the $40s, three courses if Creole goodness that guarantees a special occasion.