Explore New Orleans
Liuzza's by the Track
Cuisine: American, Diner, Gumbo
In a city that's po-boy proud, Liuzza's at the Track stands out from the crowd, thanks to the house specialty, a buttery, Worcestershire-fueled gi-normous portion of gulf shrimp slathered between a... Read More
In a city that's po-boy proud, Liuzza's at the Track stands out from the crowd, thanks to the house specialty, a buttery, Worcestershire-fueled gi-normous portion of gulf shrimp slathered between a hot and crusty French pistolette. It's called barbecue shrimp, but there's really nothing barbecued about it. Save room for the gumbo - Liuzza's recipe includes seafood, local sausage, 13 spices and a few secret ingredients. The fried eggplant dusted with powdered sugar and served with a side of marinara is a house specialty. Anytime of day, nothing beats a seat at the bar, a bowl of gumbo and a cold beer at this hole in the wall joint.
1518 North Lopez Street
New Orleans, LA 70119
Due to COVID-19, please check with the business for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Best Value: "Fill up on the gumbo before heading out to the Fairgrounds which is in strolling distance."
- Homestyle: "Fill up on the gumbo before heading out to Jazz fest or to catch an exotic animal race at the Fairgrounds."
- Family Friendly: "Considered Jazz Fest headquarters, Liuzza's is renowned for its gumbo, spicy bloody Mary's and outstanding po'boys."
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Everything at Liuzza's is delish and your wallet gets off easy.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Don't wait for Jazz Fest to eat at this popular Mid-City spot.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: The barbecue shrimp po-boy is a mound of buttery, spicy goodness dished over a crusty pistolette. Enough said.