Explore New Orleans
Also Featured In
Superior Seafood & Oyster Bar
Superior Seafood, located on the corner of Napoleon and St. Charles Uptown, is a popular seafood restaurant with a comprehensive gluten-free menu with boatloads of options. Choose from risottos and... Read More
Superior Seafood, located on the corner of Napoleon and St. Charles Uptown, is a popular seafood restaurant with a comprehensive gluten-free menu with boatloads of options. Choose from risottos and blackened seafood items, salads, fresh grilled fish and flourless chocolate cake for dessert. Situated right on the St. Charles Avenue streetcar line, Superior has a large bar, full-service oyster bar, climate-controlled patio and private indoor and outdoor dining space. The building was formerly used as a car barn for the New Orleans and Carrollton Railroad Company in the early 1800s. The vast wine list includes more than 300 selections, or order a shot neat from the copious whiskey menu.
- Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus: "Raw oysters are just $.50 from 4-6:30 every day of the week."
- Garden District's Best Lunch: "Always get the char-grilled oysters loaded with butter and parmesan cheese and are absolutely to die for."
- Crawfish: "Every meal at Superior Seafood needs to be prefaced by a sampling of the the char-grilled oysters. They are loaded with butter and parmesan/romano cheeses and are absolutely to die for."
- Best for Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: A popular spot for all kinds of seafood, Superior doesn't leave its gluten-free customers out of the mix.
- Best for Garden District's Best Lunch Because: Lunch is served daily from 11 am, a great option for hungry early birds.
- Best for Crawfish Because: Superior Seafood offers dine-in and take-out boiled crawfish in season.