Explore New Orleans
Breads on Oak
Cuisine: Bakery, Coffee Shop
Breads on Oak raises the bar on bread, pastry and breakfast sammies for Uptowners on historic Oak Street. Open Wednesday through Sunday and serving breakfast and lunch, this artisinal bakery... Read More
Breads on Oak raises the bar on bread, pastry and breakfast sammies for Uptowners on historic Oak Street. Open Wednesday through Sunday and serving breakfast and lunch, this artisinal bakery specializes in Old World style breads studded with fruits and nuts, seeds and multi grains. Extremely vegan and vegetarian friendly, you can order a mean locally sprouted tofu scramble on pumpkin cheddar biscuit and all kinds of veggies between two hearty pieces of the break of your choice. Frittatas are offered most weekends along with all kinds of gooey pastry. There is outdoor seating, great for Fido and the kids are welcome here.
8640 Oak Street
New Orleans, LA 70118
- Uptown New Orleans' Best Brunch, Gluten-Free Baked Goods: "One of the best spots for chocolate pastries in town."
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus: "BOA is a good stop for the gluten averse."
- Best for Uptown New Orleans' Best Brunch Because: Breads on Oak rises to the top of the bakery heap.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: Lots of healthful options make this uptown spot a tasty idea.
- Best for Gluten-Free Baked Goods Because: Breads on Oak sells gluten-free cookies, sweets and energy bars.