Explore New Orleans
Also Featured In
The Camellia Grill on South Carrollton Uptown is often filled with Tulane students seeking a late night nosh after an evening of cocktailing. But the trademark white columned facade lit up with neon... Read More
The Camellia Grill on South Carrollton Uptown is often filled with Tulane students seeking a late night nosh after an evening of cocktailing. But the trademark white columned facade lit up with neon is also really great for lunch, a comfort food emporium notable for thick amazing milk shakes filled up the very brim, famously good omelettes and the usual burgers and sandwich line up. The lines get long especially for late breakfasts but the omelette is served anytime of day. The staff is friendly and since all the seating is at the counter, watching the efficient cooks do their thing is part of the show.
626 South Carrollton Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70118
- Sun-Thu: 8am-Midnight
- Fri-Sat: 8am-2am
- Uptown New Orleans' Best Lunch: "What's wrong with chasing a bacon omelette with a chocolate cherry milkshake?"
- Best Value: "Don't feel bad chasing a bacon omelette with a chocolate cherry milkshake."
- Family Friendly: "The kids will love the pecan pancakes and chicken strips but don't miss the chocolate pecan pie."
- Best for Uptown New Orleans' Best Lunch Because: Camellia Grill is great for lunch. You can avoid the lines that exist for breakfast and on weekends, yet still order that famous omelette.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: The Camellia Grill is modeled after an old school diner with prices to match.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: With its friendly, diner vibe and copious menu, the Camellia Grill has something for everybody.