Explore New Orleans
Type: Late Night / After Hours, Live Music, Venue
From traveling business types to hard-core college students, the Howlin' Wolf draws a diverse crowd that tends to skew on the younger side. Located near the Convention Center, this live music club... Read More
From traveling business types to hard-core college students, the Howlin' Wolf draws a diverse crowd that tends to skew on the younger side. Located near the Convention Center, this live music club also features burlesque from local burlesque star Trixie Minx and her troupe most Sundays - this gal stays busy almost every night of the week. The club holds about 500 people with an upstairs balcony area as well as pool tables in the back. The ambiance is loud, the crowd energetic, and the prices for drinks and cover are affordable. The bathrooms, however, are on the rough side so be prepared.
907 S Peters St
New Orleans, LA 70130
- Burlesque Shows, Comedy Clubs: "Bar bites, sandwiches and tacos are served late at Howlin' Wolf's Den."
- Dance Clubs: "The club's exterior boasts a streetscape mural by artist James Michalopoulos."
- Best for Burlesque Shows Because: This sassy bar offers both live music and burlesque.
- Best for Comedy Clubs Because: Free open mic nights on Thursday area a draw at this popular CBD club.
- Best for Dance Clubs Because: HW is a good sized venue with a roster of both local and touring acts.
Find the 10Best nearby: