Also Featured In
Summer is an especially good time to visit the fort, with daily ranger talks and weekend living history. . . you may see just one reenactor during the off season. The Fort McHenry Guard performs drill, musket and artillery demonstrations. It's interesting to see people wearing the uniforms they did, acting as they did.
Fort McHenry was where the flag was still flying that inspired Francis Scott Key to write our national anthem, The Star Spangled Banner.
- Daily 8am-4:45pm
- Hours May Vary Seasonally
- 7 Day Pass Adult (16+) $7; Child (15 and under) Free
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The ultimate activity for kids is appreciable on many levels, provides learning and fun in a beautiful setting: the real setting.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: This is where it all began, again. 1814's Battle of Baltimore allowed us to reclaim our nation.
- Free Things to Do: "Take the Charm City Circulator Banner Route from the Inner Harbor to the Fort. It's quick and free and you don't have to worry about moving your car."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: While there is a fee to tour the interior of Fort McHenry, it is free to explore the grounds and various monuments commemorating its history.