Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Tamar Alexia Fleishman
Walters Art Museum
Type: Art Museums, Museums
What sorts of relics are you favorite? Egyptian mummies, Etruscan jewelry, Medieval coats of armor, ancient manuscripts? What about Baroque oil paintings on lushly colored walls? All these and more... Read More
What sorts of relics are you favorite? Egyptian mummies, Etruscan jewelry, Medieval coats of armor, ancient manuscripts? What about Baroque oil paintings on lushly colored walls? All these and more are on display to the public for free. The Walters does have special touring exhibits that do charge a fee, except for on Thursday nights. Also, check out their website well in advance for fun events and classes.They fill up early, so be sure to sign up as quickly as you are able.
- Wed-Sun 10am-5pm
- Adult $10, Senior $8, College Student (18-25) $6, Child (6-17) $2
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Make this amazing art museum one of your stops when you visit the Washington Monument. Ride the Circulator up from the Inner Harbor for free or take a pleasant walk down from Penn Station."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Rare works of art, along with decorative works are sumptuously arranged in what was a private home. It doesn't feel like a traditional museum.
- Free Things to Do: "The Walters has a number of great events for kids, including activity carts placed throughout the museum."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: The Walters Art Museum boasts an internationally renowned collection of art that covers centuries of history and admission is free.