Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Tamar Alexia Fleishman
Walters Art Museum
Type: Art Museums, Museums
What period of history is your favorite? Egyptian mummies, Etruscan jewelry, Medieval coats of armor, ancient manuscript? What about Baroque oil paintings on lushly colored walls? All these and more... Read More
What period of history is your favorite? Egyptian mummies, Etruscan jewelry, Medieval coats of armor, ancient manuscript? What about Baroque oil paintings on lushly colored walls? All these and more are available to the public for free. The Walters does have special touring exhibits that do charge a fee except for on Thursday nights. Also, check out their website well in advance for fun events and the cool "Make Night": classes in everything from making jewelry to sushi rolls! The classes include a ticket for fine wine and craft beer, as well as a talk about how the class relates to museum exhibits. The classes fill up early, so be sure to sign up as quickly as you are able.
- Wed-Sun 10am-5pm
- Adult $10, Senior $8, College Student (18-25) $6, Child (6-17) $2
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Make this amazing art museum one of your stops when you visit the Washington Monument. Ride the Circulator up from the Inner Harbor for free or take a pleasant walk down from Penn Station."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Rare works of art, along with decorative works are sumptuously arranged in what was a private home. It doesn't feel like a traditional museum.
- Free Things to Do: "The Walters has a number of great events for kids, including activity carts placed throughout the museum."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: The Walters Art Museum boasts an internationally renowned collection of art that covers centuries of history and admission is free.