Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Tamar Alexia Fleishman, Esq.
Type: Live Music
Everything from cute local college garage bands to well-known names on their way up (or a shade past their prime) are booked at Ottobar. With a main stage downstairs and a casual spot with pool tables... Read More
Everything from cute local college garage bands to well-known names on their way up (or a shade past their prime) are booked at Ottobar. With a main stage downstairs and a casual spot with pool tables upstairs, you can hear your music anyway you like . . . even if that includes being able to get to know your date better throughout the evening. You'll also find a wide range of music, each night bringing in its own kind of crowd. If you can snag main stage balcony sofa seats, you'll feel like a VIP at no extra cost.
- Sat-Tue: 9pm-2am
- Wed-Fri: 6pm-2am Event; Dates; and; Times; Vary
- Cover Charged with Entertainment: $7 - $20
- Dance Clubs: "Some dance nights are 18+ and others 21+."
- Live Music: "Geeks Night Out! – one of their unique events – is brought to you by The Ottobar and Collectors Corner. It's a monthly celebration dedicated to comics, video games, boardgames, cartoons, music, movies, toys and all things nerdy.
Play their games or bring your own. Cosplayers get two-for-one drinks."
- Best Nightlife: "Upstairs is a good place to start a date, converse, etc. Ottobar features bars upstairs and downstairs, but doesn't serve food. It's not a tragedy, as a meat-centric gastropub has opened across the street and they're also a block away from Korea Town, with several options open until 4 a.m."
- Best for Dance Clubs Because: Ottobar's two floors have different vibes, with the upstairs being more intimate. Downstairs has lots of energy and welcomes a diverse crowd.
- Best for Live Music Because: With their now North Baltimore location, this is a real local venue – not touristy at all. It reflects the diversity of the city.
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: This venue, a few miles from the Inner Harbor, doesn't feel touristy . . . because it isn't.