Boston Symphony Orchestra
Type: Performing Arts
The Boston Symphony Orchestra is one of the most respected orchestras in the world and Housed in one of the best designed (acoustically) music halls in the world, Boston Symphony Hall. Playing host... Read More
The Boston Symphony Orchestra is one of the most respected orchestras in the world and Housed in one of the best designed (acoustically) music halls in the world, Boston Symphony Hall. Playing host to a variety of concerts throughout the year, the Holiday Pops is one performance that really wows. The popular song, played during these special holiday shows, "Sleigh Ride", was composed within the walls of Symphony Hall. In 1946 Leroy Anderson composed this piece of music specifically for the Pops and it was performed first by the Boston Pops on May 4, 1948, before the words were added two years later. The stunning setting and talent of those playing the music on stage will put you in a trance as you journey with the BSO on a musical adventure that will bring the spirit of the holidays to life.
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the attraction for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Things to Do in December: "Children's matinees are a best bet with young ones; complete with a visit with Santa, these concerts are an appropriate length for young audiences."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Purchase tickets in the center or on balconies for the best views."
- Attractions near Hynes Convention Center, Romantic Things to Do: "Most seats in Symphony Hall are a bit far from the stage scoring spots in the center or on balconies closer allow you to see as much as you'll hear."
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: The Boston Symphony Orchestra's Holiday Pops is a festive musical performance that offers family and adult performances that put you in the holiday spirit.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Boston Symphony Orchestra performances are ideal fro those seeking a transformative musical experience; the acoustics in Symphony Hall are beyond compare.
- Best for Attractions near Hynes Convention Center Because: An short walk is all it takes to enjoy the Boston Symphony Orchestra when at the Hynes Convention Center.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: A concert at Symphony Hall will impress any guest, the stunning setting combined with the music cannot be beat.