Boston Public Garden
Type: Family Friendly, Gardens, Parks
Take a leisurely stroll through the oldest botanical garden in the United States and get a feel for Boston's charm and grace. 1877 marks the start of the Garden's fame for the Swan Boats that float... Read More
Take a leisurely stroll through the oldest botanical garden in the United States and get a feel for Boston's charm and grace. 1877 marks the start of the Garden's fame for the Swan Boats that float along the pond when the weather warms; a necessary ride for the kid in all of us. The Swan Boats do not get all the attention, as the grounds truly are a sight to hold. Pack a picnic and sprawl across the lawn to enjoy the beauty of this inner city treasure. Year round, the beauty of Public Garden shines, and makes for excellent photo opportunities.
Charles St at Beacon St
Boston, MA 02108
- Things to Do with Kids: "Pack a picnic and a blanket and spread out on a patch of grass while the kids let out a bit of energy."
- Best Attractions & Activities, Attractions near Hynes Convention Center, Outdoor Activities, Attractions near TD Garden, Sightseeing, Romantic Things to Do: "Ideally located in the heart of Boston so that you can integrate a visit to the Public Garden with other sightseeing in the same day (the Boston Common perhaps)."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The Boston Public Garden lets kids run around, climb on the Make Way For Ducklings Statues and ride the Swan Boats.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The beauty of the Boston Public Garden changes with the seasons, enjoy rides on Swan Boats, checking out the landscape or the perfect picnic setting.
- Best for Attractions near Hynes Convention Center Because: A part of Boston's history, a Swan Boat ride in the Public Garden is a right of passage for visitors of all ages.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: The Boston Public Garden is beautiful, but a ride on the Swan Boats is a must at least once.
- Best for Attractions near TD Garden Because: Gorgeous year round, the Boston Public Garden is less than a mile form the TD Garden and ideal for picnics, strolls, and Swan boat rides.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Stunningly beautiful in late spring when the Public Garden is in full bloom, you'll find historical spots hidden among the beauty.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The Boston Public Garden in full bloom is stunningly beautiful and the perfect place to admire the beauty of the one by your side.
Find the 10Best nearby: