New England Aquarium
Type: Aquariums, IMAX Theaters
Head to the New England Aquarium for marine themed fun. Here you and your children will enjoy exploring the oceanic wonders that await at every turn. The 2013 renovation of the Giant Ocean Tank has... Read More
Head to the New England Aquarium for marine themed fun. Here you and your children will enjoy exploring the oceanic wonders that await at every turn. The 2013 renovation of the Giant Ocean Tank has made room for more ocean life to wow you. The addition of a new exhibits, including the interactive learning nook of the Blue Planet Action Center make learning about the challenges facing the ocean fun. While the shark and ray touch tank bring you up close and personal with the creatures you're admiring. Be sure to check out one the daily shows where you can be thrilled by the antics of the sea lions and seals on display.
- Summer (Jul - Aug): Sun-Thu 9am-6pm; Fri-Sat 9am-7pm
- Winter (Sep - Jun): Mon-Fri 9am-5pm; Sat-Sun 9am-6pm
- General Adult (12-59) $21.95; Senior (60+) $19.95; Student $19.95; Child (3-11) $13.95
Whale Watch Adult (12-59) $39.95; Senior (60+) $35.95; Student $35.95; Child (11 and under) $31.95
IMAX Adult (12-59) $9.95; Senior (60+) $7.95; Student $7.95; Child (3-11) $7.95
- Things to Do with Kids: "Take advantage of buying timed tickets in advance during peak visiting times like school vacation weeks and summers to be sure you are spending time exploring rather than waiting."
- Attractions near Cruise Port: "The Aquarium is busy and expensive; arrive when it opens or towards the end of the day to avoid the midday rush; and look into passes for discounted admission."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "The Aquarium is small and gets crowded. The first hour they are open, as well as late in the day allows the easiest access."
- Attractions near TD Garden: "The New England Aquarium is busiest first thing in the morning, plan your visit a little later in the day (lunchtime) to beat the crowds."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The New England Aquarium is an undersea adventure for budding oceanographers; here the ocean is at your fingertips.
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: One of the top aquariums around, the New England Aquarium sits on the Harbor Walk; a visit caps off a nice long walk.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The New England Aquarium is a waterside perch for sea life exploration. Tanks filled with common, rare and exotic ocean life makes for great viewing.
- Best for Attractions near TD Garden Because: About a mile from TD Garden, the New England Aquarium offers an inside look into our oceans.