Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of iStock / shananies
Type: Historic Sites, Military
Climb aboard Old Ironsides and see why this ship was able to live through its time at war. Constructed in the North End using bolts, spikes and other fittings from Paul Revere's foundry, "Old... Read More
Climb aboard Old Ironsides and see why this ship was able to live through its time at war. Constructed in the North End using bolts, spikes and other fittings from Paul Revere's foundry, "Old Ironsides" is steeped with Boston history. One of the US Navy's six original frigates, the USS Constitution did not lose any of the 40 battles in which it participated. Currently the world's oldest commissioned warship afloat, this impressive craft is open for free guided tours, which are narrated by the USS Constitution's active-duty sailors themselves.Turning annually, on the fourth of July, Old Ironsides remains a marvel on Boston Harbor.
- Winter (Nov - Mar): Thu-Sun 10am-4pm
- Summer (Apr - Oct): Tue-Sun 10am-6pm
- Free; Donations Appreciated
- Best for Historic Sites Because: The USS Constitution is a piece of history and is meticulously painted to remain relevant to its time period.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Board the USS Constitution at no charge and enjoy learning about its role in history during the complimentary guided tour.
- Best for Attractions near TD Garden Because: The USS Constitution is a stunning vessel that is docked in Charlestown and well worth a tour.