Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
Type: Art Museums, Museums
The MFA is one of the largest museums around. An entire day could be spent admiring the works, both ancient and modern, that live within these walls. Along with many amazing (and famous) paintings,... Read More
The MFA is one of the largest museums around. An entire day could be spent admiring the works, both ancient and modern, that live within these walls. Along with many amazing (and famous) paintings, the MFA offers visitors the chance to enjoy artifacts from around the world. Home to four dining venues, there is a choice for all tastes eliminating the need to exit throughout the day. The MFA hosts many unique events including lectures, music, films, art opportunities for kids, and even cocktail parties. The gift shops offer art inspired items that allows guests to reflect on their favorite parts of the museum.Set to teach youngsters about art the MFA offers everything from classes to kids kits to toddler times.
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the attraction for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Adult $20; Senior $18; Student $18; Child (7-17) $7.50; Child (6 and under) Free
- Family-Friendly Museums, Museums, Attractions near Hynes Convention Center, Romantic Things to Do: "If you want a little more bang for your buck (adult admission is steep- $22 per person) buy a Boston CityPass, for $46 you get a 9 day window for admission to 5 of Boston's best museums."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "The Museum of Fine Arts offers many children's programs and ways for families to explore art while making it fun for all."
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: With an excellent family planning tool online you can prepare your visit to suit your family's specific needs.
- Best for Museums Because: The Museum of Fine Arts is the premier art museum in Boston with an amazing collection as well as special displays.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Museum of Fine Arts is home to a wonderful permanent collection as well as those that change, allowing every visit to be special.
- Best for Attractions near Hynes Convention Center Because: About a mile away from the Hynes you can easily make time to view the collections at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The Museum of Fine Arts lets lovers linger close to one another while taking in the beauty of popular works in a quiet environment.