Cuisine: American, European, Italian, Local Specialty, Seafood
Price Range: $$
Neptune Oyster is the oyster lover's oyster bar. Neptune's selection of east and west coast oysters are impressive. With sleek décor this no frills oyster bar is the perfect spot to sit and sip... Read More
Neptune Oyster is the oyster lover's oyster bar. Neptune's selection of east and west coast oysters are impressive. With sleek décor this no frills oyster bar is the perfect spot to sit and sip champagne while dozens of these fresh mollusks arrive before your eyes. A no reservation policy has served it well, creating hours long waits for diners who need a fix of their seafood. The oysters may be amazing, but Neptune does not disappoint with its entrees either. An award winning lobster roll, New England clam chowder and seasonal specialties bring this flourishing oyster bar to the top of its class.
63 Salem St
Boston, MA 02110
- Oyster Bars: "They do not take reservations, either arrive early, or be ready to wait."
- Best Restaurants, Seafood: "Reservations are not accepted and seating is limited. Arrive early or plan a long wait-elsewhere as their is no bar for lingering."
- Best of Boston's North End: "Reservations are not accepted and seating is limited. Arrive early or plan to wait. If you do wait, the North End location makes it an enjoyable."
- Best for Oyster Bars Because: Neptune Oyster has been the front-runner in oyster bars for years and maintains a reputation for fresh oysters from both coasts.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Neptune Oyster serves amazing seafood including a knock out lobster roll. Its small space creates an intimate experience even surrounded by strangers.
- Best for Seafood Because: Neptune Oyster has been drawing crowds to its tiny outpost for years for a good reason: they serve the best seafood in Boston.
- Recommended as Best of Boston's North End Because: Neptune Oyster is not just a great seafood spot in the North End, but one of the best in all of Boston.
Find the 10Best nearby: