Also Featured In
Roam the galleries or watch a show in a waterfront building that is as beautiful as what is housed inside. The modern art is an eclectic mix of what may sometimes seem to be mayhem. Funky fun... Read More
Roam the galleries or watch a show in a waterfront building that is as beautiful as what is housed inside. The modern art is an eclectic mix of what may sometimes seem to be mayhem. Funky fun displays rule the roost at this cutting edge art museum. Kids will marvel at the art inside because unlike traditional museums some of the stuff at the ICA looks more like stuff that's familiar. The ICA offers playdates every month that maximize your time inside. These days are designed to bring fun to art and the free family admission on these days includes hands-on art-making, performance, family gallery tours, and films. The ICA also has a fourth floor area designed for further exploration, ideal for non-playdate days.
- Tue-Wed,: Sat-Sun; 10am-5pm
- Thu-Fri: 10am-9pm
- Adult $15; Senior $13; Student $10; Child (0-17) Free
- Family-Friendly Museums, Attractions near Boston Convention Center, Sightseeing: "When you've had your fill of what's inside, exit and enjoy the view from the Harborwalk; one of the city's best!"
- Museums, Attractions near Cruise Port: "When you've had your fill of what's inside, exit and enjoy the view from the Harborwalk; one of the city's best."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Play-dates are offered monthly and feature focused crafts for kids and free admission for families."
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The ICA playdates are ideal to expose kids to contemporary art in a way that engages them.
- Best for Attractions near Boston Convention Center Because: Located moments from the Convention Center, the ICA is ideal for contemporary art lovers to gander at the art and view.
- Best for Museums Because: The ICA is the spot for contemporary art in all of Boston.
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: The ICA holds a marvelous collection of contemporary art and hosts various shows.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Institute of Contemporary Art offers the modern art aficionado the opportunity to see great work as well as performances in a cutting edge facility.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Fun, funky contemporary and shows collide under the roof of the ICA where the art lover can get an eyeful of something new,