The Cape - A Thompson Hotel
Few places on earth can match the setting of The Cape, a boutique luxury property that opened in June 2015 in the tourist corridor between Cabo San Lucas and San José del Cabo. The hotel commands... Read More
Few places on earth can match the setting of The Cape, a boutique luxury property that opened in June 2015 in the tourist corridor between Cabo San Lucas and San José del Cabo. The hotel commands sublime views of the evocatively-shaped rock formations at Land's End from its beachfront home on Playa Monumentos, which itself is famed as one of the premier surf sites in Baja California Sur. Architect Javier Sánchez's greatest achievement is making these views available from each of the hotel's 161 rooms and suites, as well as its infinity pool, its acclaimed restaurant, its fashionable rooftop nightclub, its pampering spa…basically, from every available space on the property. The exterior is sleek and contemporary, the décor a nostalgic blending of 1960s moderne and surfer chic. The many black walls, like the black façade, are intended to make the views "pop;" as if there was any doubt of that considering the majestic location. The most notable amenity is Manta, the first Los Cabos restaurant from celebrated Mexican chef Enrique Olvera, who currently has two restaurants - Pujol in Mexico City, and Cosme in New York City - ranked among the 100 best in the world.
Carretera Tranpeninsular Km 5
Cabo San Lucas, 23410
EXPERT TIPS BY:
Cabo San Lucas Local Expert
- Best for Boutique Hotels Because: The Cape is the best boutique surf hotel in Los Cabos.
- Best for Romantic Hotels Because: The Cape features stunning views of Land's End from each of its suites, plus its world-class restaurant and romantic rooftop bar.
- Best for Resort Because: The Cape is the best new resort in the Los Cabos tourist corridor.
- Best for Luxury Hotels Because: The Cape is the best new luxury property in Los Cabos, and boasts a signature restaurant from México's most famous chef.
- Recommended as Best Hotels Because: In addition to its gorgeous location at a famed surf beach, The Cape boasts the first Baja based restaurant from acclaimed chef Enrique Olvers.
— If you book a hotel by clicking one of our booking links, 10Best may earn a small commission.