Explore Cabo San Lucas
Cuisine: Asian, Fusion, Latin, Mexican
Price Range: $$$
The culinary fashion in Los Cabos has shifted in recent years from Baja Med to Pan-Pacific fusions that draw heavily on Mexican, Peruvian and Japanese influences. Such fusions may be fashionable now,... Read More
The culinary fashion in Los Cabos has shifted in recent years from Baja Med to Pan-Pacific fusions that draw heavily on Mexican, Peruvian and Japanese influences. Such fusions may be fashionable now, but they're old hat to Pitahayas Chef Volker Romeike, who for over two decades has been creating unique dishes from an eclectic mix of Pacific influences that range from México and Hawaii to Japan, China, Korea, Thailand and the Philippines. Romeike's Pitahayas is the signature restaurant at Sheraton's colonial style Hacienda del Mar, a Tourist Corridor based resort known for its elegant seaside dining options. The dining area is gorgeous, with tables arranged in concentric circles that fan out from an enormous palapa, and colorful tree-wrapped lights and ornament foregrounding the glittering blue waters of the Sea of Cortés. In addition to the stellar food and views, the wine cellar at Pitahayas, La Cava de Santiago, is one of the best in Baja California Sur, with over 400 labels from premier domestic and international producers. It received a Wine Spectator Award in 2015.
- Romantic Dining, Outdoor Dining, Corridor's Best Restaurants, Fine Dining, Asian: "Romantic dinners for two may be arranged in the wine cellar."
- Best Restaurants: "Romantic dinners for two may be arranged in the wine cellar, Cava de Santiago, which is home to over 400 labels from premium international producers. For reservations, call +52 (624) 145-8010."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Pitahayas offers one of the most romantic settings in Los Cabos, with candlelit tables, fine wine and moonlight views of the Sea of Cortés.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Pitahayas chef Volker Romeike was a pioneer of fusion cuisine in Los Cabos, and his restaurant remains a local benchmark.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Pitahayas boasts superb Pacific fusions and spectacular seaside views.
- Best for Corridor's Best Restaurants Because: Pitahayas offers excellent Pacific Rim cuisine, and one of the areas' best wine lists.
- Best for Fine Dining Because: Pitahayas offers gorgeous al fresco Sea of Cortés views and superb Asian cuisine.