Explore Cabo San Lucas
Cabo Pulmo National Park
Type: Scuba Diving and Snorkeling, Sightseeing, Water Sports
Cabo Pulmo is the heart and soul of the East Cape, accessible via a graded dirt road that connects coastal communities – from eco-bungalows and remote campsites to off-the-grid villages – between... Read More
Cabo Pulmo is the heart and soul of the East Cape, accessible via a graded dirt road that connects coastal communities – from eco-bungalows and remote campsites to off-the-grid villages – between La Ribera and Zacatitos. The Cabo Pulmo National Park and its marine sanctuary is the area's biggest draw, an undersea fantasia of living coral reef with a remarkable concentration of marine life that includes sharks, dolphins, sea lions, eels, leaping mobula rays and endangered sea turtles. For visitors who don't have time for an East Cape weekend getaway, but don't want to miss Cabo Pulmo, jeep tours may be arranged through Los Cabos based company High Tide, and day trip diving adventures through Adventures in Baja, Cabo Adventures, and other area dive shops. The park has been protected since 1995, and includes over 27 square miles spanning land and sea. The beach is gorgeous here as well, with beachfront hangouts like Tacos & Beer offering chill vibes and and even chiller refreshments.
Cabo Pulmo, 23570
- Best Attractions & Activities, Scuba Diving & Snorkeling, Outdoor Activities, Things to Do in December: "Cabo Pulmo National Park is home to over 800 varieties of fish, and over 2,000 species of marine invertebrates."
- East Cape's Best Attractions: "4-wheel drive is recommended for rental car journeys to Cabo Pulmo."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Cabo Pulmo's living coral reef is the top diving destination in Los Cabos.
- Best for Scuba Diving & Snorkeling Because: Cabo Pulmo National Park is the premier snorkel and scuba destination in Los Cabos.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: The living coral reef at Cabo Pulmo offers the best snorkeling and diving in Los Cabos.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: The living coral reef at Cabo Pulmo is the premier diving destination in Los Cabos.
- Best for East Cape's Best Attractions Because: Cabo Pulmo is the heart of the East Cape, and offers easy access to the national marine sanctuary and its living coral reef.
Find the 10Best nearby: