Explore Cabo San Lucas
Also Featured In
Puerto Los Cabos Golf Course
Type: Golf Courses
Puerto Los Cabos opened in 2007 with an irresistible twist: the world's only composite course from Jack "The Golden Bear" Nicklaus and Greg "The Great White Shark" Norman. Norman designed the... Read More
Puerto Los Cabos opened in 2007 with an irresistible twist: the world's only composite course from Jack "The Golden Bear" Nicklaus and Greg "The Great White Shark" Norman. Norman designed the nine-hole Mission Course, highlighted by its 213-yard 6th, a par-3 with an elevated tee box that looks down from the equivalent of a 10-story building to a bunker fringed green set against a backdrop of nearly 10 miles of jaw-droppingly beautiful coastline. Nicklaus, meanwhile, designed the challenging nine-hole Ocean Course. The plan had always been for each of these nines to be expanded into its own 18-hole course, a plan which came to partial fruition in 2018 when Nicklaus returned to design his second nine-hole layout. The new addition has been dubbed Nicklaus II, to differentiate it from Nicklaus I, as the original Ocean Course is now known. No dates have been announced as yet for Norman's second nine, so as of this writing Puerto Los Cabos is operating much like Palmilla, in that visiting golfers can mix and match their favorite 18 from the 27 available holes.
- Public Golf Courses: "Tacos and burritos are among the menu items available at on-course comfort stations."
- East Cape's Best Attractions: "Pull out your camera on the 6th tee. With the elevation of a 10-story building, you'll have views of 10 miles of gorgeous coastline, and of course a green that looks about the size of a postage stamp."
- Outdoor Activities: "Pull out the cameras on the par-3 6th, a spectacular hole that features gorgeous views of about 10 miles of coastline."
- Best for Public Golf Courses Because: Puerto Los Cabos features dueling designs from major champions Greg Norman and Jack Nicklaus. Norman designed nine holes, Nicklaus 18.
- Best for East Cape's Best Attractions Because: This is the best golf course on the East Cape, and is conveniently close to San José del Cabo.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: This championship-level course features a composite design from major champions Jack "The Golden Bear" Nicklaus and Greg "The Great White Shark" Norman.