Cuisine: Asian, Thai
This is, arguably, Cancun's best Thai restaurant and it happens to be the prettiest too. Actually, it's one of the most beautiful, romantic settings in all of Cancun. People rave about the food, the... Read More
This is, arguably, Cancun's best Thai restaurant and it happens to be the prettiest too. Actually, it's one of the most beautiful, romantic settings in all of Cancun. People rave about the food, the decor, the service, and the waterfront location. As the name implies, Thai cuisine is the specialty of the house. The food and setting will make you feel as though you've been transported to Thailand. The atmosphere is unbeatable; picture soft lighting, ambient music, incense burning, plants, trees, palapas, palm shelters, gardens and little wooden huts. Make sure you arrive on time if you have a reservation because they will only hold your table for 10 minutes. Keep an eye on the lagoon for a visit from the resident crocodile. Thai Lounge is located in Plaza La Isla at km 12.5 in the Hotel Zone.
- Romantic Dining, Waterfront Dining, Group Friendly: "Call ahead to reserve a private, over-the-water table for special occasions."
- Asian: "You can book a reservation for Thai Lounge online before you arrive in Cancun, which is a great idea if you want to sit in one of the private huts on the lagoon."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Thai is one of the most romantic restaurants in Cancun. The private tables add a special touch.
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: Thai's ambiance cannot be beat. The private huts are charming. This is a restaurant you won't soon forget.
- Best for Asian Because: Thai Lounge's ambiance can't be beat and diners can shop in the mall before or after their meal.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Thai Lounge has two lovely, large over-the-water tables for small groups.