Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Susan R. Vincil
Cuisine: European, Spanish, Vegetarian
Price Range: $$$$
This is one of the best places in Cancun to go for a sandwich. Fresh baguettes or croissants are piled high with meats, cheeses, and vegetables. The garlic mayonnaise served on these sandwiches makes... Read More
This is one of the best places in Cancun to go for a sandwich. Fresh baguettes or croissants are piled high with meats, cheeses, and vegetables. The garlic mayonnaise served on these sandwiches makes them highly addictive. The restaurant opens early, for breakfast, and stays open until 10:00 pm. At most times of the day, there is usually a crowd of people dining in the restaurant, or waiting near the counter to pick up get their take-out order. Breakfast offerings (only in some locations) consist of croissants, boiled eggs, coffee, cappucino, espresso, hot chocolate, tea, fruit juice, or sandwiches. The most popular item on the menu is the Economica, an economically priced baguette sandwich. The sandwich consists of salami, cheese and peppers on a baguette. At the low price of only $15 pesos (around $1 USD), it's definitely a bargain. Other popular items are the Italian Sandwich and the Vegetarian Sandwich is an option for diners that don't eat meat. If you prefer your sandwich on a croissant instead of on a baguette, croissants can be substituted for five pesos more. Nothing on the menu costs more than $80 pesos, which makes this one of the least expensive spots in town. The delicious food and the low prices make this place a huge hit with locals and tourists alike.
Km 8.5 MZA 48 LTE 1 Local 3 Plaza El Parian
52 998 883 5394
- Daily 6am-10pm
- Best Value: "Try the Italian sandwich. It's one of the best things on the menu. If you are penny-pinching, opt for the inexpensive, yet tasty, Economica sandwich instead."
- Take Out, Lunch: "Try the Italian sandwich. It's one of the best things on the menu. If you are penny-pinching, opt for the inexpensive, yet tasty Economica sandwich instead."
- Vegetarian: "Vegetarians will love the aptly name "Vegetariana" baguette sandwich. It is piled high with sliced cucumbers, carrots, onions, tomatoes, and cheese. Vegans can order the sandwich without cheese or the garlic mayonnaise that is automatically put on every sandwich, unless you specify that you do not want it."
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Ty-Coz is a locals' favorite. Their sandwiches are delicious and economical.
- Best for Take Out Because: Ty-Coz is cheap and delicious. You'll probably end up eating here more than once during your vacation.
- Best for Lunch Because: Ty-Coz is delicious and inexpensive. It's a local favorite.
- Best for Vegetarian Because: Ty-Coz is a Cancun institution and they offer a vegetarian baguette sandwich.