Explore Kansas City
Photo courtesy of Lisa Waterman Gray
Type: Bar, Live Music, Lounge
One of Kansas City's most renowned hotspots in the legendary 18th & Vine Jazz District, during the 1930s and '40s, and a fixture in the Street Hotel, The Blue Room offers some of this area's most... Read More
One of Kansas City's most renowned hotspots in the legendary 18th & Vine Jazz District, during the 1930s and '40s, and a fixture in the Street Hotel, The Blue Room offers some of this area's most authentic jazz performances. Live bands perform near memorabilia collected inside the small but impressive American Jazz Museum. International, national and local groups play four nights a week – many times with no cover charge. Want another reason to check out this jazzy hot spot? DownBeat magazine has included The Blue Room in its list of the Top 100 Jazz Clubs in the world. Order cocktails, wine, or beer from staff members who provide friendly service, amid cozy ambiance, and then settle in for an unforgettable evening of music. But do grab a bite to eat before you arrive, unless you're visiting during Indigo Hour Friday evenings, when there's also an appetizer buffet available.
- Blue Room: Mon, Thu 5pm-11pm; Fri 5pm-1am; Sat 7pm-1pm
- Museum: Tue-Sat 9am-6pm; Sun Noon-6pm
- Blue Room Free - $30; Call for Details
Museum $3 - $8
Combination (Jazz Museum & Negro Leagues Baseball Museum) $5 - $10
- Live Music: "Check the web site for a schedule of recorded Blue Room Live concerts, when a jazz band, and a band with a different musical genre focus, pair up for one-of-a-kind musical meet-ups."
- Best for Live Music Because: Kansas City's rich jazz history is alive and well in the neighborhood where it became famous.