Explore Kansas City
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Lisa Waterman Gray
Old Northern Italian recipes, tweaked for Midwestern customers and prepared with exquisite consistency, have characterized the Lidia's Kansas City kitchen since it opened in the sleepy Freight House... Read More
Old Northern Italian recipes, tweaked for Midwestern customers and prepared with exquisite consistency, have characterized the Lidia's Kansas City kitchen since it opened in the sleepy Freight House District, during the late '90s. Now a romantic flagship restaurant in this bustling neighborhood, it's owned by renowned New York City restaurateur, Lidia Bastianich. Also a best-selling cookbook author, Emmy-award-winning television personality, and author of multiple cookbooks, Bastianich visits the restaurant frequently while her longtime local staff oversees daily operations. A focus on local ingredients means the menu changes frequently. But the Pasta Trio is a customer favorite featuring 'bottomless' portions, served tableside. Gnocchi/housemade potato dumplings with braised duck ragu, and Osso Bucco with barley risotto, are several unusual offerings. And most daily specials are priced at less than $25.
101 W 22nd St
Kansas City, MO 64108
- Mon-Thu: 11am-2pm,; 5pm-9pm
- Fri: 11am-2pm,; 5pm-10pm
- Sat: 10:30am-2pm,; 4pm-10pm
- Sun: 10:30pm-2pm,; 4pm-9pm
- Italian: "During Happy Hour (4 to 6 p.m.), customers can purchase delicacies such as Amish Chicken Livers with Polenta and Crispy Onions or Lobster Arancine with Tomato Cream. Paired with wine, beer and cocktail specials, this is a very tasty meal at a bargain price."
- Best for Italian Because: When Lidia's Kansas City opened, the Freight House District didn't have a lot going for it. Kudos to this family for their farsighted vision.