Explore Kansas City
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Green Lady Lounge
Green Lady Lounge
Type: Live Music
The ambiance inside The Green Lady Lounge is almost magical while showcasing local musicians and vocalists who exemplify Kansas City's jazz tradition. With a vintage tin ceiling, this dark and narrow... Read More
The ambiance inside The Green Lady Lounge is almost magical while showcasing local musicians and vocalists who exemplify Kansas City's jazz tradition. With a vintage tin ceiling, this dark and narrow retro lounge feels cozy and welcoming. Friendly bartenders? Check. Reasonably priced classic cocktails, such as a whiskey Old Fashioned, or Campari and sweet vermouth? Check. There's a big beer menu and a small wine menu available, too, though the focus is clearly on handcrafted drinks and great music. You won't find a big food menu here, but available appetizers may include cheese or hummus platters. There's never a cover charge at The Green Lady Lounge and there isn't a single television in sight, to detract from performances. For devoted music lovers, it doesn't get much better than this.
- Live Music: "You can take home a musical memory of your evening at Green Lady Lounge, when you buy a CD that features Kansas City jazz musicians."
- Best Nightlife: "You can take home a musical memory of your evening at Green Lady Lounge by purchasing a CD that features some of the Kansas City area's best jazz musicians."
- Bars: "Yes, there really is a kind of jazz heaven beyond that unassuming, slightly faded red awning that tops the front door at Green Lady Lounge. Just ignore the mundane external appearance because you'll be blown away once you get inside."
- Best for Live Music Because: Beyond its unremarkable entrance lies a laid-back, jazz-filled lounge where bartenders craft terrific cocktails and the vibe is decidedly old-school.
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: Outside appearances don't come close to the cozy feel of this laid-back, jazz-filled lounge where cocktails and music are the primary focus.
- Best for Bars Because: An evening at Green Lady Lounge is a potent reminder of Kansas City's legendary jazz tradition.