Type: Aquariums, Planetarium / Observatory, Zoos
Artis is the Amsterdam zoo and located on the East side of the Amsterdam City Center. The entrance of Artis with the huge golden eagles at the gate is magical for kids. A warm welcome to this... Read More
Artis is the Amsterdam zoo and located on the East side of the Amsterdam City Center. The entrance of Artis with the huge golden eagles at the gate is magical for kids. A warm welcome to this intriguing zoo, which was build in 1838 and still boasts a 19th century ambience. With more than 6000 animals representing 700-some species, the zoo offers a glimpse of wildlife from around the world that's sure to prove enlightening to kids and adults alike. On the grounds, you'll also find (at no extra charge) an aquarium, planetarium, botanical gardens, and two museums devoted to zoology and geology. Every season baby animals are born at Artis. You might be lucky enough to spot them when you're visiting Amsterdam.
- Off-Peak Season: Daily 9am-5pm
- Summer: Daily 9am-6pm
- Adult 18.50; Senior (65+) 17; Child (3-9) 11; Child (0-2) Free
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Artis is one of the most beautiful city zoos. It's a playground for kids to learn about animals from all over the world.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Going to the zoo and watching animals is always fun. Artis is located close to the city center and perfect for a date.
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: For kids there is a special tour through the zoo to learn and discover all about the animals.