Explore Las Vegas
Also Featured In
Nevada State Railroad Museum Boulder City
Type: Attractions, Day Trips, Family Friendly, Great Views, Historic Sites, Museums
Nevada has a history rich with the stories of trains, and the Nevada State Railroad Museum is dedicated to preserving that heritage. In Southern Nevada, the Railroad Museum is just outside of Boulder... Read More
Nevada has a history rich with the stories of trains, and the Nevada State Railroad Museum is dedicated to preserving that heritage. In Southern Nevada, the Railroad Museum is just outside of Boulder City. Visitors can explore the grounds and the static displays, but the real fun is taking a ride on one of the historic trains. Trains run on the weekends from 10 a.m. every hour and a half until the last train leaves at 2:30 p.m. The ride lasts 40 minutes and riders can sit in the climate-controlled Pullman coaches or in open air seating. During the holidays, Santa and the elves are also passengers. A stop at the Railroad Museum in Boulder City is a great addition to trip out to see Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, or to explore the historic district in downtown Boulder City.
- Daily 9am-3:30pm
- Adult (12+) $10; Child (4-11) $5; Child (3 and under) Free
- Things to Do in December: "From Thanksgiving through the end of December, the Railroad Museum hosts Pajama Trains with Santa and his elves on Friday and Saturday nights at 6 and 8 p.m. Tickets are available online."
- Things to Do with Kids: "The Railroad Museum isn't far from a Boulder City park that's home to a herd of bighorn sheep. If you have time, take a detour to Hemenway Park to see the park's wild residents."
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: Visitors can rid the historic trains at the Nevada State Railroad Museum and in December the weekend trips include Santa.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Taking a ride on the historic trains at the Nevada State Railroad Museum is a fun trip back in time.