Explore Las Vegas
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of The Mob Museum
The Mob Museum
Type: Museums, Unusual
The Mob Museum tells the story of organized crime in America. The museum's location in Las Vegas is appropriate, considering Sin City's early history as an outpost of the Mafia. Located in a historic... Read More
The Mob Museum tells the story of organized crime in America. The museum's location in Las Vegas is appropriate, considering Sin City's early history as an outpost of the Mafia. Located in a historic Downtown Las Vegas building which was originally a federal courthouse, The Mob Museum presents a rounded view of this chapter of American history throughout its three floors of engaging exhibits, including high-tech theater presentations, iconic one-of-a-kind artifacts and interactive, themed environments. These are names that many people recognize from the movies, but The Mob Museum tells the true stories. You'll learn about Al Capone, Tony Spilotro and Whitey Bulger, among other infamous men who once played important roles in American organized crime. Visitors also learn about law enforcement agents like Joe Pistone, who went undercover as Donnie Brasco, to help bring down the Mob.
- Museum: Daily 9am-9pm
- The Underground Speakeasy & Distillery: Daily 9am-Midnight
- Best Attractions & Activities: "You'll need a secret password to get into the basement at the Mob Museum, home to The Underground and The Speakeasy (check the website or call for the password). Here guests can learn more about Prohibition and sample some locally made moonshine."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Mob Museum tells the story of American's mobsters and the men and women of law enforcement who worked to stop them.
- Museums: "Don't forget to visit the courtroom where the proceedings of the United States Senate Special Committee to Investigate Crime in Interstate Commerce occurred in Las Vegas in 1950. Led by U.S. Senator Estes Kefauver, the hearings sought to expose and control organized crime."
- Best for Museums Because: The Mob Museum not only shows the mob's impact on Las Vegas history, but also its unique imprint on America and the world.