Explore Las Vegas
The Neon Museum
Type: History Museums, Museums
Las Vegas was once well-known for its profusion of colorful neon. But where do old signs end up? If they're lucky, in the possession of the Neon Museum. Founded in 1996, the Neon Museum is a... Read More
Las Vegas was once well-known for its profusion of colorful neon. But where do old signs end up? If they're lucky, in the possession of the Neon Museum. Founded in 1996, the Neon Museum is a non-profit organization dedicated to collecting, preserving, studying and exhibiting iconic Las Vegas signs for educational, historic and cultural enrichment. In addition to an approximately two-acre Neon Museum campus, which includes the outdoor exhibition space known as the Neon Boneyard, the museum also encompasses a visitors' center housed inside the former La Concha Motel lobby as well as several restored signs installed as public art throughout downtown Las Vegas. If you haven't visited in a while, be sure to check out the Neon Boneyard, which now features some electrified signs as part of its permanent collection.
- Daily 2pm-10pm
- Contact for Specific Dates and Times
- Hours May Vary Seasonally
- By Appointment
- Best Attractions & Activities: "The Museum offers Photo Walks for hobbyist photographers, which allows them to wander the Boneyard (with all their equipment) and shoot pictures for personal use only. For commercial shoots, a request must be submitted at least two weeks in advance."
- Romantic Things to Do: "The Neon Museum's new online tour permits guests to roam around a virtual Neon Boneyard, where they can explore sign descriptions and other archival content. It's perfect for additional information on the historic neon or if you can't see the signs in person; cost is $10."
- Tours and Excursions: "Boneyard Tours sell out fast, so make your appointment at least two weeks in advance."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Las Vegas and her neon past are inseparable, and the Neon Museum preserves that connection with its collection of historic and noteworthy signs.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The Neon Museum's collection of rescued and restored neon signs will take you back in time to a prior Las Vegas.