Explore Las Vegas
The Neon Museum
Type: History Museums, Museums
Las Vegas is well-known for its profusion of colorful signs, especially its early neon. But where do old signs end up? If they're lucky, in the possession of the Neon Museum. Founded in 1996, the Neon... Read More
Las Vegas is well-known for its profusion of colorful signs, especially its early neon. But where do old signs end up? If they're lucky, in the possession of the Neon Museum. Founded in 1996, the Neon Museum is a non-profit organization dedicated to collecting, preserving, studying and exhibiting iconic Las Vegas signs for educational, historic and cultural enrichment. The Neon Museum campus includes the outdoor exhibition space known as the Neon Boneyard, another space known as the North Gallery and a visitor center. The visitor center is housed inside the former La Concha Motel lobby, designed by noted architect Paul Revere Williams. The structure was rescued from demolition. Tours of the Boneyard are offered during the day and at night. Nighttime tours are quite popular, especially since some of the restored signs light up.
770 Las Vegas Blvd. N.
Las Vegas, NV 89101
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Tours at the Neon Museum may be canceled due to inclement weather since the museum's exhibits are outside. If a tour is canceled, the museum will work with you to get you on the next tour or provide a refund."
- Romantic Things to Do: "For an extra-special treat with your partner, look into booking a photo shoot at The Neon Museum. A private shoot requires two weeks' notice, and you'll have to supply the photographer."
- Museums: "While the Neon Boneyard gets the majority of attention from visitors, the North Gallery holds unrestored signs from the museum's collection and is where the immersive audio/visual show called "Brilliant!" takes place--it reanimates the historic signs with special effects and is the largest augmented reality experience of its kind."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Neon Museum preserves a unique aspect of an unusual city, telling the story of Las Vegas through her flamboyant and colorful signs.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: A walk through the Boneyard at the Neon Museum is a trip back in time with signs from iconic Las Vegas landmarks.
- Best for Museums Because: The Neon Museum gives visitors a new way to appreciate the colorful history of Las Vegas.