Explore Las Vegas
Also Featured In
Downtown Cocktail Room
Type: Bar, Lounge
This hip, intimate Las Vegas lounge is one of the city's best-kept secrets. Dim lighting, cozy leather seating, minimalist art and eclectic music create a seductively mysterious ambiance, and the... Read More
This hip, intimate Las Vegas lounge is one of the city's best-kept secrets. Dim lighting, cozy leather seating, minimalist art and eclectic music create a seductively mysterious ambiance, and the diverse clientele are mostly locals seeking a laid-back evening away from the Vegas "scene." The drink menu features delectable punch bowls and creative cocktails with distinctive flavor profiles that consistently impress. Return guests will always find something new and special since the menu change seasonally. A live DJ plays nightly Tuesday through Saturday, so you can enjoy music with your delicious cocktail. One of the bar's most-mentioned features is the front door, which some people have a hard time finding. It's a large bronze door, but there are no handles--just push to get in.
111 Las Vegas Blvd. S.
Las Vegas, NV 89101
- Mon-Sat 4pm-2am
- Cover Charge Depends on Day
- Downtown Las Vegas' Best Bars: "Back by popular demand, the DCR recently started "Halfy Hour," its version of happy hour, from 4 - 7 p.m., Monday thru Saturday, when everything is half off."
- Best Nightlife: "You'll find plenty of parking near DCR on Carson Street, in one of the parking garages on Fremont Street or across the street at the El Cortez."
- Lounges: "The easiest places to park for a short walk to the DCR is at the Fremont Street Experience's Red Garage for a nominal free, or at meters on the street along 6th Street or Carson."
- Bars: "Watching people try to get in the front door is a local's pastime at the DCR. Look for the brass panel on the left, push, and you'll be in."
- Best for Downtown Las Vegas' Best Bars Because: With its inventive and regularly changing cocktail menu and a speakeasy-like ambiance, the Downtown Cocktail Room is inarguably one of the city's best bars.
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: The Downtown Cocktail Room's inviting vibe and extensive cocktail menu make it one of the city's best bars.
- Best for Lounges Because: Downtown Cocktail Room keeps its innovative drink menu fresh with a changing selection of seasonal cocktails.
- Best for Bars Because: The Downtown Cocktail Room consistently serves some of the best cocktails in Las Vegas.