Explore Las Vegas
Also Featured In
Type: Outdoor Activities, Parks, Skiing
2525 Kyle Canyon Rd.
Mt. Charleston, NV 89124
- Visitor Center: Daily 9am-4pm
- Things to Do in December: "Although Mt. Charleston is home to hotels, residences and even a ski resort, you won't find a gas station or any type of grocery/convenience store on the mountain. Be sure to fill up your tank before you go."
- Parks: "Be sure to stop in at the new Spring Mountains Visitor Center in Kyle Canyon. The 128-acre complex was built on a failed golf course and now offers trails, exhibits and a center that details the history of the area."
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: The Mt. Charleston area is the closest place to Las Vegas to enjoy snow, skiing and truly wintry weather.
- Best for Parks Because: The mountain oasis of Mount Charleston is a cool alternative to Las Vegas, offering snow play in winter and a cool mountain retreat in summer.