Explore Las Vegas
Also Featured In
Type: Outdoor Activities, Parks, Skiing
2525 Kyle Canyon Rd.
Mt. Charleston, NV 89124
- Visitor Center: Daily 9am-4pm
- Things to Do in December: "Always check the weather before going to Mt. Charleston in winter. Conditions may require snow tires or chains, so make sure you're prepared before you head out."
- Parks: "Be sure to stop in at the new Spring Mountains Visitor Center in Kyle Canyon. The 128-acre complex was built on a failed golf course and now offers trails, exhibits and a center that details the history of the area."
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: If you're looking for snow, head out of town to Mt. Charleston to ski, snowboard or just enjoy the view.
- Best for Parks Because: The mountain oasis of Mount Charleston is a cool alternative to Las Vegas, offering snow play in winter and a cool mountain retreat in summer.