Explore Las Vegas
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Waldorf Astoria, Las Vegas
Photo courtesy of Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Twist by Pierre Gagnaire
Cuisine: European, French
Price Range: $$$$
Twist by Pierre Gagnaire is the chef's only restaurant in the United States, and its amazing French food is known for being deliciously creative. Located on the 23rd floor of the Waldorf Astoria,... Read More
Twist by Pierre Gagnaire is the chef's only restaurant in the United States, and its amazing French food is known for being deliciously creative. Located on the 23rd floor of the Waldorf Astoria, Twist boasts an innovative menu that gives classic French cuisine a modern spin. Diners can expect to see dishes like New Zealand venison with rosemary and juniper, cabbage, braised daikon, roasted pineapple puree, Brussels Sprout leaves and grilled bacon; but menu options change seasonally. A tasting menu and a la carte options are available. Twist features floor-to-ceiling windows and a dramatic glass staircase leading up to a suspended wine loft, but the restaurant's most striking feature is arguably its lighting, which incorporates more than 300 gold globes designed to look as if they're floating in the air across the ceiling.
- Best Restaurants: "Twist also offers a vegetarian tasting menu (five or six courses; wine pairing also offered) as well as a la carte options of several vegetarian dishes, plus desserts."
- Fine Dining: "The Waldorf Astoria took over the property where Twist is located (formerly the Mandarin Oriental) in September 2018. Some online listings are still catching up to the ownership change and may incorrectly show Twist as closed--it's still open."
- French: "In addition to an impressive and extensive wine list, Twist also offers a menu of cocktails with artisanal and vintage ingredients, like the Absinthe Minded and the Saba Sunrise, with grappa, limoncello, lemon juice, saba and egg white."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Culinary creativity is on full display at Twist, where fine French cuisine is innovatively transformed.
- Best for Fine Dining Because: Twist's acclaimed French cuisine tests the boundaries of epicurean creativity in deliciously innovative ways.
- Best for French Because: Twist gives diners a menu of innovative, acclaimed French cuisine, along with amazing views of Las Vegas.