Also Featured In
Greater Nevada Field
Type: Attractions, Editor's Picks, Family Friendly, Local Picks, Outdoor Activities, Outdoor Activities - Summer, Pro Sports Teams, Relaxing, Spectator Sports
The Greater Nevada Field is a baseball stadium in downtown Reno, Nevada, and the home of the Triple-A Reno Aces and the Reno 1868 soccer team. The ballpark is located next to the Truckee River and is... Read More
The Greater Nevada Field is a baseball stadium in downtown Reno, Nevada, and the home of the Triple-A Reno Aces and the Reno 1868 soccer team. The ballpark is located next to the Truckee River and is the centerpiece of the Reno redevelopment effort, named the Freight House District. The Reno Aces Ballpark features all the amenities you would expect in a major league park: luxury suites, restaurants, food, several beer gardens, picnic table seating, a grassy area to stretch out on, and a play area complete with bouncy castle and jungle gyms. There are giveaways and audience-participatory fun at every game, and it's a great way to spend the evening downtown. A parking lot is available across the street or you can park at any of the casino hotels downtown.
- Best Attractions & Activities: "When there are no scheduled games, the field has special events such as movie night, Halloween and Christmas events, and Nitro Circus featuring BMX and skate daredevils."
- Things to Do in December, Sightseeing, Best Things to Do: "For $15 extra you can watch the game at the Baseball Mountain and get a full picnic with drinks."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Greater Nevada Field is a great place to not only see various ball games, but it is within walkable distance to the Downtown casinos.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: In December, the Greater Nevada Field holds WinterFest Reno with ice skating and Santa's Village.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: The Aces Stadium is a great place to visit with Reno locals.
- Recommended as Best Things to Do Because: During Reno Aces games you can get a feel for the friendly vibe of the city.