Also Featured In
Nevada Museum of Art
Type: Art & Culture, Art Museums, Attractions, History Museums, Museums
This award-winning museum is just south of downtown Reno and features permanent and traveling exhibits from various artists. This excellent museum is small, but packs in a wonderful selection of... Read More
This award-winning museum is just south of downtown Reno and features permanent and traveling exhibits from various artists. This excellent museum is small, but packs in a wonderful selection of contemporary and traditional art, sculptures interactive exhibits, shows, and a rooftop sculpture with a view of all of Reno and the surrounding mountains. The outside area of the museum has several permanent exhibits including several pieces from the nearby Burning Man festival. Past exhibits have included: To Live Forever: Egyptian Treasures from the Brooklyn Museum, Leo Villareal: Animating Light, Explorer, Naturalist, Artist John James Audubon and The Birds of America and the Baroque World of Fernando Botero.
- Mon-Tue: Close
- Wed,: Fri-Sun; 10am-6pm
- Thu: 10am-8pm
- Adult $10; Senior (60+) $8; Student $8; Child (6-12) $1; Child (0-5) Free
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Treat yourselves to lunch after visiting the museum. chez louie restaurant is a French-inspired eatery located inside the museum.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Just the architecture of the Nevada Museum of Art building is a good reason to visit.
- Best for Museums Because: While this museum is smaller than most in larger cities, it features some excellent exhibits.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: The museum gift shop is a real delight and includes work from local artists.
- Recommended as Best Things to Do Because: The Nevada Museum of Art is a smaller museum, but the exhibits and displays are top notch.