Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Christina Nellemann
Truckee River Whitewater Park
Type: Active, Outdoor Activities, Outdoor Activities - Summer, Parks, Spectator Sports, Unusual, Water, Water Sports
- Best Attractions & Activities: "There are shallower areas in the water for children to play, but this is still a river and they must be able to swim."
- Free Things to Do: "If you want to tube from further upstream, put in at Mayberry Park or Crissie Caughlin Park. A Mayberry Park tube will take most of the day."
- Sightseeing, Parks, Best Things to Do: "There are shallower areas for children to play, but this is still a river and they must be watched."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Truckee River Whitewater Park is a great place to both kayak and go river tubing
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: It's free to bring your own gear to the river. In the summer there are rental vendors available in the park.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Even if you don't kayak or tube on the river, it's a fun place to people watch.
- Best for Parks Because: Wingfield Park, another one on this list, is located right in the middle of the Truckee River Whitewater Park.
- Recommended as Best Things to Do Because: In the Truckee River Whitewater Park you will see kayakers, swimmers and tubers – all within a few steps of downtown.