Also Featured In
Type: IMAX Theaters, Museums, Planetarium / Observatory, Science Museums
It's hard to miss this futuristic and interesting building on the north part of the University of Nevada, Reno campus. The Fleischmann Planetarium soars out of a lush garden like a spaceship ready to... Read More
It's hard to miss this futuristic and interesting building on the north part of the University of Nevada, Reno campus. The Fleischmann Planetarium soars out of a lush garden like a spaceship ready to take off and hosts a variety of astronomy exhibits and seminars, and is the only planetarium to show "full-dome" IMAX movies. The science museum exhibits a one-ton meteorite, a solar system model, weather instruments, interactive science exhibits and more. The Exhibit Space is free to visit and the Planetarium shows, like Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, are only $7.50 for adults and $5 for children.
- Summer (Jun - Aug): Sun-Thu 10:30am-8pm; Fri-Sat 10:30am-9pm
- Fall and Winter: Sun-Thu 10:30am-7pm; Fri-Sat 10:30am-9pm
- Adult $5 - $8; Senior (60+) $4 - $8; Child (12 and under) $4
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Both children and adults could spend hours in the free Exhibit Space at the Planetarium.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Fleischmann Planetarium offers a free museum and great date alternative to the typical movie night.
- Best for Museums Because: The Fleischmann Planetarium's shows are not free, but its space and geology exhibits are.