Also Featured In
Rancho San Rafael Park
Type: Children's Museums, Free Attractions, Local Picks, Museums, Outdoor Activities - Summer, Parks, Public Spaces, Recreational Facilities
Rancho San Rafael Park is the largest park in Reno with hundreds of acres that are home to a large dog park, playgrounds, an arboretum, gym equipment, jogging areas, and special event... Read More
Rancho San Rafael Park is the largest park in Reno with hundreds of acres that are home to a large dog park, playgrounds, an arboretum, gym equipment, jogging areas, and special event pavilions. The Arboretum is a beautiful place to walk among the trees and landscaping. Dogs are not allowed in this area of the park, but it is fine for walking and jogging. Behind the Arboretum is the Great Basin Adventure which is great for kids. There is a petting zoo, a flume ride, a playground and a nature discovery center. There's also a museum that offers a look at the park's previous life as a working ranch, and a beautiful old ranch house that can be rented for weddings or other special events.
- Free Things to Do: "The largest special event at San Rafael is the Great Reno Balloon Race. Held in September, it is also totally free."
- Romantic Things to Do: "There is plenty of free parking throughout Rancho San Rafael Park."
- Parks: "There is plenty of free parking throughout the Rancho San Rafael"
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Rancho San Rafael has a wide range of natural areas from a xeriscape and dog parks to massive trees and lakes, all free.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Rancho San Rafael Park has some wonderful walking trails, trees and native plant gardens.
- Best for Parks Because: Rancho San Rafael has one of the widest ranges of flora in the Reno area.