Also Featured In
The Discovery is a celebration of the nature, science and weather of the Silver State. Both adults and children can visit a Native American tule house, learn about the early Pioneers, work on their... Read More
The Discovery is a celebration of the nature, science and weather of the Silver State. Both adults and children can visit a Native American tule house, learn about the early Pioneers, work on their own farm or ranch and study archeology. They can also climb around on a three-story-tall cloud climbing structure, get wet while learning about local water resources, or build structures and art while learning more about Leonardo Da Vinci. Older children can visit the Under the Stars exhibit where they can go fishing, go on a camping trip and meet Northern Nevada's wildlife. There is also an area for babies and toddlers with a tree house and slide, a mine elevator and tunnel and a place for nursing mothers.
- Mon-Tue,: Thu-Sat; 10am-5pm
- Wed: 10am-8pm
- Sun: Noon-5pm
- $10; Military $9; Child (1 and under) Free
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Discovery has wonderful exhibits for both children and adults.
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: The Discovery Museum is a great place to take children when the weather is not cooperating.
- Best for Museums Because: The Discovery is not just for kids. Adults can also have fun in this interactive space.
- Recommended as Best Things to Do Because: The Nevada Discovery Museum is great for both children and adults--especially during hot weather or in the winter.