Also Featured In
Emerald Bay State Park
Type: Active, Adventure, Great Views, Historic Sites, Parks, Recreational Facilities, Scuba Diving and Snorkeling, Sightseeing, Water Sports
- May-mid Jun: Sat-Sun
- Mid Jun-Sep: Daily 10am-4pm
- Day Use
Entry Per Vehicle $6
Camping Fees $20 - $25
Boat Access $11 - $15
- Beaches, Things to Do with Kids, Free Things to Do, Parks, Best Attractions & Activities: "Plan to get to the park early in the morning to get parking. This is the most popular area of the lake."
- Sightseeing: "Emerald Bay has the lake's only underwater trail. Throw on a snorkel and check out several sunken barges just a few feet under the surface."
- Best for Beaches Because: A mile hike down to the water will bring you to Emerald Bay's beautiful beach
- Best for Sightseeing Because: No trip to Lake Tahoe is complete without a stop at Emerald Bay. You can spend an entire day here hiking and swimming.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Emerald Bay is perfect for families who love hiking and the outdoors.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: You can hike along the Rubicon Trail to reach various parts of Emerald Bay.
- Best for Parks Because: The most popular state park at the lake, Emerald Bay has hiking, sightseeing, kayaking and camping in one place.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Emerald Bay is the most visited part of the lake for good reason.