Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Christina Nellemann
Tahoe Rim Trail
Type: Active, Adventure, Attractions, Family Friendly, Local Picks, Outdoor Activities, Outdoor Activities - Summer, Outdoor Activities - Winter, Recreational Facilities, Tours and Excursions, Uniquely Here
- Sightseeing: "The Tahoe Rim Trail can be hiked in multiple segments from seven to over 30 miles long. Several sections meet up with the famous Pacific Crest Trail."
- Free Things to Do: "The 8 segments of the Tahoe Rim Trail can be hiked together or on a separate day or overnight trips."
- Outdoor Activities, Best Attractions & Activities: "The TRT offers Backcountry Skill Courses throughout the year."
- Best for Sightseeing Because: The Tahoe Rim Trail is a wonderful way to see parts of the lake that most people never see.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: All the segments of the Tahoe Rim Trail are free. However, if you decide to overnight in Desolation Wilderness, permits are required.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: The world-famous Tahoe Rim Trail has some photo perfect spots to hike and mountain bike.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Tahoe Rim Trail Challenge is held every summer and allows hikers, bikers and horseback riders to track their routes.