Also Featured In
Kings Beach State Recreation Area
Although it's open year-round, this park really comes into its own when the weather turns warm. At that point, its 700 feet of lakeshore are inundated by sun worshippers, who lounge on the beach,... Read More
Although it's open year-round, this park really comes into its own when the weather turns warm. At that point, its 700 feet of lakeshore are inundated by sun worshippers, who lounge on the beach, splash in the water, tool around the lake, and engage in sports on the shore. Kids can take advantage of playground equipment, and families and groups relish the opportunity to spend time together laughing, eating, and basking in the beauty of the lake. Kings Beach is a great spot to go on a parasail ride or rent a kayak or paddleboard. Several companies have huts on the beach where you can book a day trip. There are a ton of restaurants and bars near the beach as well as a small theater and many hotels and lodges to choose from.
- Daily Sunrise-Sunset
Entry Per Vehicle $5 - $7
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: It costs money to park at the beach, but you might be able to find nearby parking along the street.
- Best for Parks Because: Kings Beach has recently received a makeover and has even more amenities.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Kings Beach is the place to book a parasailing trip or kayak tour.
- Best for Things to Do at Kings Beach Because: Kings Beach is called the Banana Belt of Tahoe and is a great spot even in the winter.
- Best for Beaches Because: King's Beach has a great children's playground with a view of the water.