Also Featured In
Whiskey Dick's the one of the original South Tahoe dive bars frequented by both tourists and locals. The saloon features live music on most weekends by alternative, rock, bluegrass and classic tunes.... Read More
Whiskey Dick's the one of the original South Tahoe dive bars frequented by both tourists and locals. The saloon features live music on most weekends by alternative, rock, bluegrass and classic tunes. When the stage is not occupied, a jukebox is always loaded with classic and new music. The bar is low-key and a popular place for pool, shuffleboard, darts and some classic video games. The bar also has a patio for summer nights. The bar serves over a hundred beers and cocktails including the toxic Alice in Wonderland for $6.50 and the Red Bull and Vodka for only $5. Each of their cocktails are generously served in 12 or 16 ounce cups, so be sure to pace yourself. You can also grab some simple pub food like burgers, chicken wings, dips and nachos.
2660 Lake Tahoe Blvd.
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
- Best for Early Entertainment Because: Whiskey Dick's features free live music starting at 9 p.m.
- Best for Bars Because: Whiskey Dick's is one of the best places for live music in South Tahoe.
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: Whiskey Dick's is a dive bar, but has some wild live music and good prices on drinks.
- Best for Live Music Because: The live music nights at Whiskey Dick's are popular but not over the top.
- Best for South Shore's Best Bars Because: Whiskey Dick's has regular live bands and a wild vibe.