Also Featured In
The Driftwood Cafe near the Heavenly ski area in South Lake Tahoe has a huge menu full of breakfast and lunch items. This cute little diner decorated with Tahoe driftwood serves items such as Huevos... Read More
The Driftwood Cafe near the Heavenly ski area in South Lake Tahoe has a huge menu full of breakfast and lunch items. This cute little diner decorated with Tahoe driftwood serves items such as Huevos del Driftwood with tortilla chips and grilled potatoes topped with sour cream ($9.25), and Eggs Benedict with a cheesy herb sauce ($11.95). The cafe also specializes in omelets and breakfast burritos, pancakes and an assortment of waffles. Their endless cups of coffee are made with locally roasted beans. There is plenty of places to sit at the Driftwood Cafe (including the counter), but the proximity to Heavenly makes this a very popular place. Get here early for a good seat to people-watch.
- Best for Breakfast Because: This charming, classic coffee shop adds Latin flair to its dishes with salsa and avocado.
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: The Driftwood Cafe near Heavenly has vegan breakfast and brunch options.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: The Driftwood's breakfasts are huge and start at around $12.
- Best for Cafés Because: The Bloody Mary's at the Driftwood are spicy and great for Sunday mornings.
- Best for Lunch Because: Driftwood's lunch menu has a ton of sandwiches and burgers to choose from.
- Best for Homestyle Because: The dishes at the Driftwood Cafe are generous in size.