Also Featured In
Front Street Station Pizza Company
Cuisine: European, Italian, Pizza
Price Range: $$
Run by a New Jersey couple, this small place next to the river in Tahoe City serves 100 percent natural, hand-tossed New York-style thin-crust pizza as take-n'-bake, by the slice or by the pie. The... Read More
Run by a New Jersey couple, this small place next to the river in Tahoe City serves 100 percent natural, hand-tossed New York-style thin-crust pizza as take-n'-bake, by the slice or by the pie. The Californian ($27, large) with artichokes and garlic and the Carnivore ($27, large) with a load of pepperoni, sausage, Canadian bacon and salami are some local favorites. The sauce is nice and spicy and everything can be washed down with a draft beer or soda. Also check out the Spicy Thai Chicken ($28, large) with sweet chili sauce, covered with grilled chicken, fresh mozzarella and onion then drizzled with peanut sauce and finished with a touch of cilantro is a nice surprise.
- Best for Pizza Because: Front Street Station Pizza Company also has a second location in Truckee.
- Best for Italian Because: The Spicy Thai Chicken Pizza has sweet chili sauce, grilled chicken, fresh mozzarella, onion and a great peanut sauce and cilantro.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: This pizza is quick and easy to take on a picnic by the river or to Common's Beach.
- Best for Lunch Because: Front Street also serves burritos and tacos with slow roasted pork in pineapple juices.
- Best for Take Out Because: The Front Street Station makes smaller pizzas to take and eat on the road.