Also Featured In
Moody's Bistro & Bar
Moody's has become one of the best places for lunch, dinner and drinks in downtown Truckee. Their menu has been Zagat rated and they also offer a great selection of live music in their classic... Read More
Moody's has become one of the best places for lunch, dinner and drinks in downtown Truckee. Their menu has been Zagat rated and they also offer a great selection of live music in their classic lounge.They are known for their season, organic and regional dishes and wines. They offer comfort dishes like Crab Toast with Dungeness Crab on sliced Ciabatta, their famous Tomato Soup en Croute (delicious!) and thin crust Neopolitan pizza. Moody's also offers sandwiches, salads and burgers. Their main dishes from the grill and rotisserie include Pan Roasted, Free Range, All Natural Chicken Breast with Purple Potatoes, Wild Arugula and Fava Beans. Moody's also has a great wine list that includes wines from around the world like Caposaldo from Italy, Elyse from Napa Valley, Paul Jaboulet from the Cote du Rhone and Pierre Spar from Alsace. You can also get wines on tap like Caldera from the California Central Coast. Their beer list is just as extensive with selections from New Belgium, Black Butte and Pyramid.
- Best for Early Entertainment Because: Moody's live blues and jazz music starts early in the evenings--just in time for dinner.
- Best for Bars Because: Moody's live music on the weekends features local blues and jazz musicians.
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: Moody's offers jazzy, blues and rockabilly live music Thursday through Sunday.
- Best for Hotel Bars Because: Moody's is located in the Truckee hotel, a historic building in downtown Truckee, California.
- Best for Live Music Because: Moody's live music lineup includes local and regional jazz and blues musicians.