Also Featured In
Right in the middle of downtown Truckee sits this charming northern Italian restaurant. Outfitted with a full bar on the lower level and a dining room on the mezzanine, Pianeta offers several dinner... Read More
Right in the middle of downtown Truckee sits this charming northern Italian restaurant. Outfitted with a full bar on the lower level and a dining room on the mezzanine, Pianeta offers several dinner options. For a more casual meal, dine on appetizers like eggplant bruschetta at the bar; alternatively, the main dining area offers upscale atmosphere and entrees like linguine with shrimp, mussels, and clams, or double-cut lamb chops in a minty pesto sauce. The wine menu is excellent and the menu includes an amazing selection of Double Malt Scotch and Bourbon. Lots of exposed brick and stone lend a comfy, rustic feel.
10069 Donner Pass Rd
Truckee, CA 96161
- Dinner Daily: Daily 5pm-Close
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: The booths on the main floor of Pianeta are cozy for couples.
- Best for Italian Because: The Caesar salad is to die for. Don't be afraid, ask for the whole anchovies on top.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: The atmosphere at Pianeta is dark and cozy and perfect for an aprés ski meal.
- Best for Truckee's Best Restaurants Because: Pianta has a warm, comfortable setting which is perfect in the winter.