Cuisine: American, California, Coffee Shop, European, French
Price Range: $$$
Sophisticated and stylish, Restaurant Trokay strives to create beautiful food from fresh, local ingredients. This hip downtown Truckee restaurant serves dinners which includes unusual items like Baby... Read More
Sophisticated and stylish, Restaurant Trokay strives to create beautiful food from fresh, local ingredients. This hip downtown Truckee restaurant serves dinners which includes unusual items like Baby Corn, Fresno Chili, Celery, Maryland Soft Shell Crab Tempura, Salt Cured Torchon of Humanely-Raised Foie Gras, House Brioche and California Peach Ice or the Lousiana Crawfish Salad with Nasturtium, Celeriac Mousse and Horseradish. Desserts can be ordered with international coffee and teas and include Coffee and Ice Cream Affogato, Buttermilk Panna Cotta, Coconut Pavlova, and Bourbon Maple Pecan Tartlet. The presentation of each dish is a work of art that needs to be photographed by each customer.
10046 Donner Pass Rd
Truckee, CA 96161
- Romantic Dining: "Trokay is best for couples or singles and the dishes will be available with seasonal ingredients."
- Fine Dining, Truckee's Best Restaurants: "This place is best for couples or singles. Families may find it crowded and there are not too many items for children."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Trokay is for romantic foodies who love to experiment with unusual flavors and textures.
- Best for Fine Dining Because: Trokay serves unusual and special dishes, but is on the expensive side.
- Best for Truckee's Best Restaurants Because: The Trokay Cafe is a harbinger to the the type of food that is popping up in Truckee.