Explore Santa Fe
Rancho de Chimayo Restaurante
On Sundays, you often see large family groups, from babies to great-grandparents, gathered around tables at Rancho de Chimayó Restaurante. Why? People love the food and they do groups well. This... Read More
On Sundays, you often see large family groups, from babies to great-grandparents, gathered around tables at Rancho de Chimayó Restaurante. Why? People love the food and they do groups well. This perennial favorite of locals and tourists alike has been serving authentic northern New Mexico cuisine for almost 50 years. While they prefer 48 hours notice, they'll accommodate last minute groups of up to 50 on very short notice. However, they'd love a heads-up phone call when you're on your way. In high season, when they're slammed, you'll need advance reservations. No separate checks here, though they will do one per table. Favorites include carne adovada: pork marinated and slow-cooked in red chile; posole: dried corn kernels made into a stew; tamales and sopapillas: puffed fried dough either eaten with the meal or as dessert. Start off with the signature Chimayó Cocktail, a mix of hard apple cider and tequila.
297 Juan Medina Rd.
Chimayo, NM 87522
- Group Friendly: "Groups often tour the historic village of Chimayó. When done checking out the sights, have lunch at Rancho de Chimayó Restaurante. Although they will accommodate you at the last minute, an advance reservation will ensure that sure you have a table waiting."
- Homestyle: "Make a day of it. Tour the historic village of Chimayó. It dates back to the 17th century. Visit Santuario de Chimayó, the local church known for healing miracles, and explore weaving shops. The town is known for its unique weaving technique as well as its locally grown chiles)."
- Southwestern: "Owner Florence Jaramillo, affectionately known as Mrs. J., isn't New Mexican at all. She's a Connecticut Yankee who's been living in New Mexico for over 50 years. She serves traditional New England Thanksgiving dinner at the restaurant each year."
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Rancho de Chimayó Restaurante is great with groups. They've had almost 50 years experience feeding them.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Rancho de Chimayó Restaurante, set in a historic home in a quaint village, offers some of the best New Mexican comfort food in the area.
- Best for Southwestern Because: Rancho de Chimayó is one of the best New Mexican restaurants in the region. Paired with wonderful ambiance and beautiful setting, it's a winner.
Find the 10Best nearby: