Explore Santa Fe
Santa Fe is a walking city. Historic Canyon Road is the perfect choice. Hold hands as you walk the narrow sidewalks past old houses that are now galleries and wonder what secrets lie beyond... Read More
Santa Fe is a walking city. Historic Canyon Road is the perfect choice. Hold hands as you walk the narrow sidewalks past old houses that are now galleries and wonder what secrets lie beyond picturesque adobe walls. Most romantic times: at sunset when the light is beginning to change, at dusk when the shadows promise a bit of mystery or after dark. Stop for a drink at The Compound. Guests sit around the top of a 1950s "conversation pit." The bartender stationed in the pit is at eyelevel. The cozy bar at Geronimo is a bit more romantic. Grab a table for two and sip on one of their signature cocktails or a glass of bubbly or wine and talk of love. When you reach Camino del Monte Sol turn right and then right again onto Acequia and walk back downtown on one of Santa Fe's oldest streets.
Santa Fe, NM 87501
- Romantic Things to Do: "April through October, book a pedicab ride up Canyon Road with Santa Fe Pedicabs and walk down or ride the cab round trip. Ask the driver to return via Acequia Madre. Want a bit of local history as you go? Ask your driver."
- Sightseeing: "Explore the back alleys as you walk Canyon Road. There are hidden sculpture gardens and some galleries are tucked back off the street. Allow at least an hour to explore the entire gallery mile, though if you plan on stopping to browse, allow more time."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "want to deal with parking on this narrow and crowded street? Check out the Santa Fe Pick-up. It offers free shuttle service between downtown and Canyon Road. Rde to the top of the road (it's a bit hilly) and stroll down stopping at galleries and shops on the way."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The right walk can be very romantic, Canyon Road is the perfect spot for this and the price is right.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Santa Fe is major art market. This is the most important gallery area in the city. It also has a wonderful history.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Canyon Road, one of Santa Fe' most vibrant and historic streets, is home to over half the city's galleries as well as boutiques and restaurants.