Explore New York
Also Featured In
Cuisine: European, Italian, Pizza
Price Range: $
From their onsite gardening internships to their podcasts recorded at the Heritage Radio Network, pizza doesn't get any cooler than at Roberta's. But lest that dissuade you from trekking out to... Read More
From their onsite gardening internships to their podcasts recorded at the Heritage Radio Network, pizza doesn't get any cooler than at Roberta's. But lest that dissuade you from trekking out to Bushwick for a nibble, let us ease your fears: while this hipster haven continually makes headlines with head-turning stories like the time they unrolled a weed-tasting menu, their drug-free food more than lives up to its own hype. Wood tables and expansive outdoor seating lend an air of casualness to the atmosphere here, and their wood-burning oven is prominently displayed. As for the pizzas? Carlo Mirarchi's pies feature produce grown onsite and have cemented themselves as a must-eat on any New York pizza tour.
- Best Restaurants for Spring, Pizza, Best Value: "For a unique Brooklyn dining experience, try the chef's tasting. It's not the famous pizza, but creations for only eight people at a time by chef Mirarchi. Reservations available in advance for tastings."
- Romantic Dining: "For a unique Brooklyn dining experience, gather a group and try the chef's tasting. It's not the pizza, but it'll still dazzle your date."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Spring Because: Their back patio is large enough for a group and keeps just enough of that Bushwick grit intact.
- Best for Pizza Because: Even through Roberta's has made a name for itself with hipsters, the food here is still worthy of the title of 10 Best.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Sometimes there's nothing more romantic than offering someone else your cheese.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: You can get cheaper pizza elsewhere, but you'll miss out on the whole package of what makes Roberta's valuable.
- Brooklyn's Best Restaurants: "Roberta's does not take reservations, so come with a patient appetite. Head through the dining rooms to where bearded bartenders pull draughts and pour excellent cocktails while you wait. And wait. And wait..."
- Best for Brooklyn's Best Restaurants Because: Nestled in Bushwick, Roberta's is a neighborhood institution, a culinary destination; in 2012, an upscale restaurant was born here too Blanca's that serves tasting menus.